EIS Study Process
An EIS, or Environmental Impact Statement, is the result of a process that examines the environmental impact of proposed actions. An EIS can be prepared in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) or the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA). Both are designed to keep the public and government fully informed about the impacts and alternatives of a proposed action. Both require an EIS before a project can proceed. This project will meet the requirements of both NEPA and SEQRA.
(The above links are external and will open in a new browser window)
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Process
- Notice of Intent (2002)
- Scoping (2003) (PDF, 630 KB)
- Revised Notice of Intent (2008)
- Scoping Update process (2008)
- Revised NEPA timeline
- Develop detailed contents of the DEIS
- Prepare and circulate DEIS for comment
- Hold public hearings on DEIS
- Seek public involvement and input throughout process
- Prepare FEIS
- Issue a Record of Decision
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print PDF documents. If you experience any problems viewing a PDF document, please download a free copy of the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
If you are unable to access a PDF file, please email your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a copy of the document.